It pains me that I somehow didn't get a picture of my own recreation, but oh my word, The Minimalist Baker's Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles - I'm speechless. I whizzed them up in my NutriBullet (more timely than a food processor, but it worked!) and the outcome was just to die for. They barely taste 'healthy', and one of these indulgent bad boys packs in a punch of goodness, and is a fantastic pick me up and source of energy. It's definitely had me thinking about some future ides for the blog so keep your eyes peeled.
I really cannot recommend making your own treats, healthier or otherwise, at home as it will be so much more unlikely that you find yourself picking up naughtier treats. My overall sugar consumption has also been incredibly minimal - especially on the refined sugar side which I feel great for.
The colder mornings have also been leading me to warming bowls of porridge. I tried a new recipe this week of grated apple with cinnamon, almond butter and frozen raspberries (cheaper and hold their shape better) which defrost and melt into the porridge. It was truly scrummy!
We had a treat out to Bill's earlier in the week which involved a scrummy Bramble Mojito and maybe some mini cinnamon donuts.... I also whipped up this gorgeous batch of roasted sweet potato & carrot soup for James and I which kept us going throughout the week. Can you tell I'm getting into the Autumn spirit?
Half the reason I haven't yet joined up to a gym, or at least not yet, is simply due to the fact my job is so active and leaves me feeling so exhausted at the end of the day! Being on your feet all day is knackering, and running up and down stairs all day likewise. Gym membership is coming however, fitness posts are going to be a thing on SSL and I cannot wait.
As I mentioned last week, I gave the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation a whirl. So far, lovely coverage initially but it isn't quite as 'Magic' as the name suggests unfortunately. A full 'review' will come on Thursday, however.
I also made a little splurge on Cult Beauty and Beauty Bay over the past week and picked up a few skincare goodies which I am intrigued to try out. My skin's been calling out for a change so the week after next I'll share a little haul and share my initial review....
It's been a really surreal with James starting a whole new career which I feel somewhat bittersweet about but mainly completely thrilled for him. He's a hard working young man and I know he's going to do brilliantly in his new job, and future career! I've had a pretty overwhelming, busy week so a bit of TLC soon is very much needed. I'm thinking of using up a voucher to the Bath Thermae Spa that I still haven't used is very much in need soon! Fortunately I have a week off towards the end of September, and it's safe to say, I'm counting down the days!
- The return of glitzy old Strictly! I just love snuggling up on the sofa and watching all the glamour of it all.
- Holly shared some gorgeous free fonts that are totally worth saving if you're a blogger or just love pretty fonts.
- I loved Brittany's post all about hormone balancing, which she also provided a fab breakfast recipe for. I need to re-adjust my breakfast habits!
- If your current brush cleanser isn't cutting the mustard, and you fancy something natural yet effective, Besma has shared her 'recipe' for a natural brush cleanser.
- I've already shared the love for The Minimalist Baker, but here we go again - how good do these Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars look?
- Just generally having my fingers crossed for positive news and future opportunities.
- If I had an ice cream maker, I'd most definitely give Izy's Magical Sweet Potato Chocolate Ice Cream. How good does this look and sound?!
- Annabel's shared some details about MSM Beauty Pill's that is some fab food for thought.
- Finally having a wardrobe in the flat!
- Another one from Holly - she's just awesome - 5 Essentials for Beautiful Photography. Time to up my game.
How has your week been? I'd love to hear all about it! Do you prefer homemade, healthier treats or do you prefer to just go all out when you fancy some indulgence? What's your favourite way to relax - any advice?