The past week has been totally all over the place so apologies for the lack of online presence. Life's been a little overwhelming recently and I really could do with a week or two just catching up on all sorts, but couldn't we all?! Anyway, better late than never, here is what I've been loving over the past week or so....
There's been a LOT of food over the past week or so, but I'm proud to say it's been as balanced as can be. I tried out the Deliciously Ella Chocolate Chia cookies - somewhat disappointing in all honesty. I must confess I find her quantities really off, especially the whole 'mug' quantities and then the conversions into grams are a little bizarre. The cookies were ok but a little dry, and a little bland. I'm yet to find a worthwhile 'healthier' cookie, and I feel I'm losing hope, hence why if I want a cookie, I'll just make a homemade, 'unhealthier' cookie from now on. Just not all the time, of course....
I've finally discovered halloumi, after what's only taken a lifetime. It's delicious! Any incredible halloumi recipes you have, send them my way. For the time being, I've enjoyed frying them in a little chilli, garlic and olive oil to top a salad. James and I also enjoyed a seriously indulgent meal at Burger & Lobster which has just opened in Bath. The building is incredible and we were sat on the balcony overlooking the open plan, octagonal bar. The lobster was incredible, as was the burger, if a little overpriced if anything. Seriously recommend a visit if you're in London or Bath.
I'm joining a gym again. There, it's happened. I'm fed up of not having a proper exercise regime and in all honesty, my lovely flat isn't the most ideal of locations for burpees and several other moves in the YouTube workouts I've been doing. I'm only going to join for the classes, I'm not actually interested in using the machines and doing a make shift routine in the corner on the mats. I figured actually rocking up to a class in the morning, and having the choice to switch things up every few weeks, and of course, have an instructor there, motivating you will be so much better. I'm in need of a new pair of trainers and a couple of new pieces of gym wear. I'm excited though, it's time to properly get back into fitness and I really think regular exercise will lift my mood and confidence.
My skin is calling out for a new acid exfoliator but I'm keen to go down the BHA (salicylic acid) rather than the AHA route, which seems near impossible judging by the current beauty market! Alpha H Liquid Gold was a little too harsh/didn't do a great deal for my skin, plus I'd like to start using a mild retinoid on my skin too, to help with resurfacing and blackheads.
I had a proper indulgent beauty splurge last week as John Lewis have started stocking Charlotte Tilbury make up, hallelujah! I've been testing out the Magic Foundation today, and so far, so good. A little cakey mid-afternoon when my oily skin starts eating away at my make up but when it's well set my skin looked really gorgeous - and that isn't something I'd ever thought I'd say!
I took a quick visit back to my Mum and family last week which was lovely - I don't get to see them enough due to working unsocial hours. Hopefully that will change soon, however, and I'll be able to actually spend proper, regular time with my Mum, brothers and my dog, Patrick!
- Izy has done something miraculous - a dessert blogger who spent two months without refined sugar. WELL DONE.
- Jemma's spinach and tomato tortilla egg cups look like the easiest, nutritious breakfast or lunch there ever was.
- Helen has given my Google Analytics knowledge an extra boost with this seriously handy guide to the minefield that is GA.
- If Copenhagen wasn't on your Wanderlist yet, it will be now - Kate has shared her never ending guide to the gorgeous city.
- I'm all over this butternut squash pizza from the Minimalist Baker.
- Laura has shared this fab post on breaking the sugar habit over on her blog - well worth coming back to if you're ever in a sugar rut.
- Hi Louise Roe, when can I move in to you GORGEOUS apartment?!
- Move over courgetti - it's all about swaghetti. I need to try this creamy spinach sweet potato noodles and cashew sauce pronto.
- Introducing the CHOCO TACO. Oh my word.
- From coconut oil loving (namely oil pulling) from Annabel...
- ... to this BRILLIANT, honest post and basically everything I've been thinking since coconut oil mania hit. Leo Pemberton explains why he's saying no to coconut oil.
- Hannah is at it yet again - size shaming, in any shape or form, is a no-no and we only need to be concerned if things are looking unhealthy. The Gale-Force (my new nickname for Hannah, yes really) has shared her frustrations she's faced as an above size 10 (God forbid) blogger wanting to make her mark in the fashion blogging industry. Round of applause. And doesn't she look fab?
How has your week been? What are your opinions on healthier cookies - any successes or mainly fails? Do you prefer working out at home or in the gym/classes? Do you have a favourite exfoliator, acid or otherwise?