Homemade granola has been a go-to breakfast this week, and it makes things so much better that I know exactly what went into it, and it's low sugar/low-carb too. Winner. If you'd like a recipe, I'll get it to you soon - there's a few things I'd like to tweak, so bare with me, but it's coming!
I'm kind of proud of myself for really doing well with food this week in terms of eating much cleaner, healthier foods and meals this week after a few weeks of overindulging. Yes, there have been one or two too many treats but we're getting somewhere. I've been preparing my Glowing Goddess Vegan Bowl for lunch/dinner at work once or twice this week meaning no more horrible sandwiches from a vending machine! It's the easiest lunch to prepare, it takes less than five minutes so check out the post if you haven't. Having healthier snacks on hand such as nuts, dark chocolate, Nakd bars etc have seriously helped too... I also absolutely loved the salmon with a spicy paprika, lemon and yoghurt dressing recipe from Madeleine Shaw's Get The Glow. It took about 20 minutes from start to finish and anyone can make it, and affordably get the ingredients. Delicious!
Fitness is finally working its way back into my life, hooray! I did a few cardio and Pilates YouTube videos, which I have the pleasure of watching on my TV rather than my Macbook screen - Smart Tv's, you are life savers! I need to start up a proper regime/rota that I can stick to on a weekly basis. I think my motivation stemmed from the moment I put my work skirt back on after a week off, and well, lets just say things were pretty snug! I've got the motivation to properly get fit and get moving and I can't let it go!
My skin's been improving a bit this week which is positive but I'm still pretty desperate to get some new skincare that can help improve some surface issues. I'm in dire need of a haircut currently so I'm looking forward to booking in an appointment hopefully in the next week or so. It's so frizzy and dry and pretty unmanageable right now and I want it looking all chic like it was back in May (!). One other beauty love is one I'm anticipating currently which is the Get The Gloss Latest In Beauty Summer Box - it's currently reduced but you get so much for your money. I mainly purchased it for the Aurelia skincare, but I'll perhaps share it with you later in the week or over on Instagram upon arrival.
I won't lie, I've had a pretty up and down week this week, mainly just bits and pieces in little old Lucy world but things are all okay for now! I'll blame it being that time of the month as a bit of a contributor to my emotions being a little all over the place - that's fair, right? One thing I absolutely ADORED was Inside Out the new Disney Pixar film. If you've ever been in a 'dark' place in your life, or have had a prolonged sense of feeling empty, worthless and un-happy, this will strike a cord with you. I was in tears after the first 10-15 minutes and had several other episodes of shaking and crying!
- Skin been feeling yucky, spotty and de-hydrated? Byrdie has the lowdown on why it may be coffee that's causing your skin issues.
- One day I dream I'll have a huge kitchen, fit for all of my foodie desires. Meanwhile, I'll make do with a tiny kitchen! I love these 5 Easy Ideas for Organised Kitchen Storage. A trip to IKEA (once again) is due...
- The Brown Eyed Baker has done it again - with this Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart. All together now... O M G. It sounds like heaven on a plate, I must, must, must give it a try!
- The founder of Lucy Bee coconut oil, Lucy Buckingham, has shared her 'Week On A Plate' with Get The Gloss and it will without a doubt, totally make you want to strip your kitchen bare of all processed foods and fill it with everything delicious and nutritious.
- Carrie's post all about her whistle stop trip to Brighton (which just so happened to be the same time I went...!) totally makes me want to revisit ASAP.
- The newly engaged Corrie (congratulations!) shared her epic, nostalgic 90s beauty memories that I unashamedly shrieked with laughter at everything she mentioned. Take me back to the wonder years of LipSmacker's, hair braids, and body glitter. Seriously.
- The Friends 21st birthday #FriendsFest on Comedy Central which gives me the perfect opportunity to unashamedly re-watch many of my favourite episodes and moments such as The One with the Blackout, and when Phoebe makes a music video for Smelly Cat (EPIC).
- My latest Yumbles Community Champion is all about the 6 Steps to the Ultimate Green Smoothie.
What have you been loving this week? Homemade granola or shop bought? What are your favourite YouTube workouts? Have you seen Inside Out yet?