Is this what life's like now when you hit your twenties, each year just blurs into each other? If so, I didn't sign up for that.
James and I pretty much had to roll our way back from Brighton this week after all of the food we ate...! I'd like to think we were relatively balanced with our choices, but we still ate a lot of food. The majority of our highlights were all featured in my post (5 Must Visit Food Joints in Brighton), so do take a look at that if you haven't already. I tried to sneak in a few balanced meals when we came home, one of which is a 'recipe' that will be featured on the blog next week - basically a ridiculously easy lunch recipe. However it won't be until tomorrow that I'll feel as if I'm getting back to my usual self as last night we went out with James's family for his birthday - I'm still nursing my food baby from that!
As there has been an awful lack of exercise, or by that I mean, working-up-a-sweat sort of exercise, in my life recently, the time has come for me to start up a return to exercise sort of plan. I'm hoping to do some proper cardio and a bit of Pilates or yoga in the next week as my body seriously needs it. I miss the feeling of fitness, and just want to start sculpting my body into better shape again. If you're unhappy with something, do something about it!
This week however, we did do an awful lot of walking in Brighton which felt very good. I kind of hoped that it would result in supermodel legs but the volume of food meant quite the opposite unfortunately...!
I've had the most horrendous skin this past week, to the point that it's become rather difficult to cover up any blemishes with make up. I think it's been a mix of my diet (way too much sugar and wine has passed my lips this past week), and it's also that time of the
I've also been looking at trying retinol products - yes, it may be the number one anti-ageing ingredients but it also works at resurfacing the skin and preventing blemishes/blackheads from being formed, so if you have acne, it's meant to be a Godsend. Indeedlabs have a serum that's relatively affordable, and I've been looking at the Paula's Choice website too. Caroline Hirons raved about their 1% Retinol Treatment.... If you have any experience with retinols, mainly for acne use, let me know!
Brighton totally captured my heart this week! How fantastic it must be to live nearby the seafront and just be able to take a wander along the sea whenever you fancy. James and I spent his last hour or two before his birthday on the pebbled beach and it was so, so lovely. It's an overwhelming, buzzing city but I'd totally jump at the chance of returning very soon.
- I've been thinking a lot about paleo eating this week - I doubt I'd be able to sustain such a lifestyle forever but I'm keen to adapt some lifestyle choices paleo eaters do. This article on Get The Gloss is a great run down about the lifestyle....
- Having the week off work - total utter bliss.
- Summer is disappearing before it even started - however I loved this guide on how to have a healthy BBQ. Come back sun!
- The peanut butter cupcake from Angel Food Bakery - so delicious.
- As a health and beauty blogger, I've never really been terribly interested in natural beauty, surprisingly. However I love this new section on Cult Beauty's website that has all of their natural products in one place. You'd be surprised at just how good some of the products are.
- Shameless plug alert - this weeks Yumbles Community Champion post is all about Magical Maca. Maca is a truly super superfood that is totally worthy of it's status. Let me know your thoughts on the post!
- Well hi - I most definitely need this Pretzel Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie in my life. Oh, Minimalist Baker, how I adore thee....