Saturday, 4 July 2015
Chilli, Garlic and Crab Courgettine
When I was about 15 or 16, I vividly remember my Dad rustling up a chilli, garlic and crab linguine for me. Totally delicious and such simple, vibrant, light flavours. It would be a dream if I could devour it for breakfast lunch and dinner however starchy carbs don't sit terribly well with me and my 21 year old digestive system. I think the pasta and pizza overload whilst I was growing up was just too much for me!
So one bright Summer evening I was craving my Dad's crab linguine. Minus the pasta. What better way to put my Spiralizer to use by combining this delicious sauce with the super light yet filling courgetti. Or courgettine shall I say.
This is the perfect recipe to throw together when you need something quick and easy for dinner as it takes approximately 10-15minutes, if that, from start to finish.
350g White and Brown Fresh Crab Meat
1 or 2 Cloves of Garlic
Half a Lemon
A Handful of Fresh Chopped Parsley
1tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Pour yourself a glass of wine. Be generous.
2. In a frying pan on a low to medium heat, add your oil. Finely chop your garlic and chilli and add to your pan, gently heat for approximately a minute or two. Be careful with your garlic.
3. Take a big glugg of wine and add the remaining dregs (if any) to the pan for a further minute or two.
4. Add in your crab and gently break down until it begins to thicken, and keep sizzling for another minute or so.
5. Take off the heat, throw in your parsley, courgettine and squeeze over your lemon and toss all together. Once it's all nicely combined, plate up and enjoy with another crisp glass or two of your wine. Et voila!
What are your favourite courgetti recipes? Do you have any go-to summer ingredients or recipes. If you make this, please feel free to tweet me or Instagram me your meal!
© She's So Lucy | All rights reserved.